Half-Day Electric Bike Tour to Tegalalang & Tirta Empul
Get ready for an awesome electric bike tour in amazing Ubud! Start your trip with pickup from your hotel anywhere in Ubud area. That's right, our bikes are electric so no long, crowded van ride up the mountain just to roll down. The tour travels through emerald green rice fields and local villages with many interesting stops along the way. Our guides are from Ubud and know all about the area. They will take you to the most beautiful places and share their knowledge and experience with you.
Free pick up and drop off for Ubud area. Other areas can be arranged with small surcharge.
You can choose two wonderful tracks available, to Tegalalang Rice Terrace or Tirta Empul Sacred temple. Especially for Tegalalang track, you can choose between Morning or Afternoon tour. Again remember this is all done on our state of the art electric bicycles. This means you can pedal as much or as little as you want. We make frequent stops and have a support vehicle following you at all times. Our guides also take pictures along the way.
Tegalalang rice terrace is the destination but there is plenty of incredible scenery all along the way. The electric bicycle tour starts just North of Ubud and winds through spectacular scenery on the way to Tegalalang. Visit temples and rice fields. Ride through villages and see the real Bali. Do all of this with a knowledgeable local guide who can teach you all about what you are seeing. And remember, our ebikes are going to flatten out all those hills!
Arrive to the grandeur of Tegalalang and see why it is a UNESCO world heritage site. Relax and enjoy the view, you made it!
On the return trip you have the choice of where to visit next. One choice is to visit a traditional Balinese family home. Here you will meet a Balinese family and see what the traditional life in a Balinese compound is like. The second choice is to go to a luwak coffee plantation for a free coffee sampling. Also available here (at additional cost) is the famous Bali swing on which you be launched out over the rice terraces.
Then continue riding through some of Bali’s most beautiful villages before arriving back in base camp for a delicious Balinese lunch.
Tirta Empul Track
The Tirta Empul water temple is considered to be one of the holiest temples in Bali. It was built over 1000 years ago, and attracts many pilgrims coming to cleanse themselves in the holy waters.
But as grand as Tirta Empul is, getting there on our electric bike tour is even way more fun. The tour travels through rice terraces and local villages. You will experience Balinese temples and witness the incredible subak water irrigation system which has developed over centuries to keep the rice fields green and fertile. We will also take you to a local family compound where you can see how the Balinese really live. The tour finishes at Tirta Empul where a delicious lunch will be waiting for you and you are free to explore the temple.
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Ubud Area Only, other area surcharge applies)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- *All fees at Tirta Empul Temple. Including entrance and sarong.
- Must have bicycle riding experience
- Duration of the activity: 3 hours
- Maximum rider weight is 120kg (260 lb)
- Minimum height is 150cm
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Covered shoes and sunscreen are highly recommended
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to tour begin, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
- Transportation from other areas: All hotels in the Ubud village area are free, additional transfer fees are applicable for hotels outside of the Ubud area ( Sanur 200K, Kuta/Seminyak 300K, Nusa Dua 400k, Candidasa, Amed 500K; Transportation Prices Per Group, Round Trip)
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund