6h Ubud Art Villages Tours, Celuk, Mas and Batuan
Explore Ubud artists' villages including Mas, Batuan & Celuk for a unique educational Art Village tours.
Price is for transportation with up to 4 guests/ car
Take an opportunity to see the process how Balinese from generation to generation makes beautiful culture arts like: Batik & handmade Tenun Ikat, classic & modern paintings, Gold & Silver works and Wood sculptures at their own houses.
Batik is a technique of wax-resist dyeing applied to whole cloth, or cloth made using this technique originated from Indonesia.
Batik is made either by drawing dots and lines of the resist with a spouted tool called a canting, or by printing the resist with a copper stamp called a cap.
The applied wax resists dyes and therefore allows the artisan to color selectively by soaking the cloth in one color, removing the wax with boiling water, and repeating if multiple colors are desired.
A tradition of making batik is found in various countries; the batik of Indonesia, however, may be the best-known.
Indonesian batik made in the island of Java has a long history of acculturation, with diverse patterns influenced by a variety of cultures, and is the most developed in terms of pattern, technique, and the quality of workmanship.
In October 2009, UNESCO designated Indonesian batik as a Masterpiece of Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
Extras: All extras like your drinks and meals will have to be paid by client. Entrance fees to temples vary between IDR 50,000-100,000 per person.
- Visit Celuk To see the processes of making Gold & Silve
- Visit Batu Bulan to see the processes of making Batik Ikat
- Visit Ubud &Batuan to see the processes of making Paintings
- Visit Mas to see the processes of making Wood sculpture
- Opportunity for shopping, & get original arts of Indonesia.
- Full air conditioned private car with English speaking tour guide/driver
- All passes & entrance tickets
- Toll road fees & parking fees
- Local donation & retribution
- Hotel Pick up and drop off in *certain area
|You will receive a confirmation per email from Mr. Wayan, the director of BST to confirm with you date, time, location, so that the driver can pick you up in time in your hotel or villa. If you do not receive a confirmation within 12h please check your spam folder or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
- Book at least 24h in advance
- All legal licenses in place, government taxes paid, drivers are trained, registered and cars are insured (some other car rentals who might be cheaper often don't pay taxes, or do not have the legal documents in place, which could become a problem if anything happens on the road)
- Single traveler is available with extra charge USD 14.00
- Free hotel pick up & drop off area; Canggu, Denpasar, Jimbaran, Kuta, Legian, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Seminyak, Tanjung Benoa, Tegal Lalang, Tuban, Ubud & Uluwatu.
- Pick up at other areas could result in a small surcharge
- This tour operates everyday, except on NYEPI DAY (Balinese Silence Day Ceremony) which is on March ever year
- Please discuss to your Tour guide if you do not want to visit some of the places on the schedule.
- Minimum age of 1 years old.
- Full refund if canceled 24h before day of activity
- Cancellation less than 24h or no-show, no refund